- All games 25 minutes in duration, with no stoppages except for injury, and no stoppage time added.
- Teams must all wear the same colour jersey or t-shirt. (Bibs available for significant colour clashes.)
- No more than four players per team on the field at a time, Mixed teams must have a minimum of one female player on the field at all times.
- Maximum of 7 participants per team.
- Minimum of 2 female participants per mixed team.
- No goalkeepers and no goaltending.
- Teams are guaranteed three games.
- Win = 3 points. Tie = 1 point
DO NOT RUN UP SCORES. GOAL DIFFERENTIAL IS NOT A FACTOR. Ties in standings will be resolved in favour of the team which raised the most money for Smiles4Miles. Play-off ties will be decided in the same manner. All team money must be submitted before the team’s THIRD scheduled game in order to count towards the tie breaker.
PLAYING RULES: FIFA SOCCER RULES APPLY, EXCEPT:
- Limitless substitutions on the fly, as in hockey. Departing player must be within three feet of the sideline before replacement enters, and must not interfere with play.
- Corner kicks and goal kicks as per regular soccer rules.
- No throw-ins. Kick-in to the other team from the spot the ball goes out. Please retrieve balls as quickly as possible WITHOUT disrupting other games.
- All free-kicks, goal kicks, corner kicks and kick-ins are indirect.
- No offsides.
- Must be in opponents’ half to score.
- Attacker may not score from within one metre , but may go within that distance to retrieve the ball.
- Defender may not stand within a metre of the goal to prevent scoring, but may go within that distance to retrieve the ball. Goaltending “in the crease” may result in a goal being awarded.
- Slide Tackling is not permitted. A deliberate sliding tackle will result in a free-kick to the other team.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a fun tournament for charity. Sporting behaviour is expected at ALL times. No record of yellow cards will be kept. Two yellow cards to the same player in a game will result in that player being excluded from the game and the team must play short-handed for the duration of the game. However, a player ejected for serious foul play or serious unsporting conduct will not be permitted to participate further in the tournament, and a team deemed guilty of violating the spirit of the tournament will be disqualified.